Posted by: Asher Nichols, owner of Asher Nichols & Craftsmen, and Director Chair of Workforce Development Committee The REALITY…
Youth Remodeling Career Day
October 17, 2023
This unique event, held at the Bolton Fairgrounds in Lancaster, MA, exposes students to the many different career opportunities available in the field of remodeling. Through interactive, experiential activity stations, students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with various tools and activities of the trade. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about the different careers available in the remodeling industry and to connect with businesses that may offer co-op or internship experiences during their construction program education.
Interested in participating? Email Joanne Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“I like all of the hands-on experience and how we got to do most of the stuff that would most likely happen on a job site.”
“The most valuable was learning about the different types of tools because it was focused on the field of work I want.”
“I liked the fact that the majority of the event was very hands-on for the students. Most events are a ‘view only’ type.”
“There were a lot of hands-on activities with incentives for the students to participate. The presenters worked very well with the students and were very approachable.”
Held at the Bolton Fairgrounds, students will have the opportunity to:
- Build walls and stairs
- Install roof shingles
- Install windows
- Sand floors
- Install toilets
- Install siding
- Learn about mold remediation
- Learn about careers in architecture, design, and construction
- And More!
PRO New England members offer mock interviews to help students prepare for the job market. There are contests and learning sessions offered throughout the day, along with a box lunch.
“I liked how they gave us the option of doing mock interviews to help us in the future.”
Available Sponsorships (PRO New England member prices listed):
- Signature Sponsor ($5,000): Receive brand exposure with logo recognition in all pre- and post-event
promotion, media exposure, and opportunity to host an interactive demo station.
- Event Sponsor ($2,500): Receive name exposure in pre- and post-event promotion, and opportunity to host an
interactive demo station.
- Event Supporter ($1,000): Name recognition in event materials, host interactive demo station.
- Hard Hat Sponsor ($1000): Include your logo on our hard hats issued to each student.
- Lunch Sponsor ($1000): Name and logo recognition where students pick up lunch.
- Registration Sponsor ($500): Name and logo recognition at the event check in station.
- Activity Station Host ($400): Operate one of the interactive construction activity stations in a barn or the field.
- Expo Booth Host ($200): Share information about your business/industry in the tent. Interactive demos welcome.
To secure your sponsorship, email email@example.com
“The opportunity to volunteer and being hands-on with those interested in the trades” -Ryan Wagner, Wagner Development – Hosted interactive building activity focused on installing windows
“I really enjoyed working with the students and seeing how well they all worked together to problem-solve.” -Sterling Bump, Custom Contracting, Inc – Event Volunteer
“Great interaction with the students. Great encouragement by teachers and staff to get students involved in the workstation.” -Ryan Benevides, James Hardie Building Products, Event Sponsor