PRO Certification Application
PRO offers 11 certifications to recognize highly experienced remodeling professionals, capable of planning and managing complex remodeling projects to client satisfaction. Certified professionals represent an elite group of industry experts who possess extensive technical and management skills that set them apart as capable remodeling professionals.
The PRO Certification Board governs PRO Certifications. PRO Certification Application can be found here.
Members of PRO may use certifications issued by other remodeling organizations recognized by PRO  to fulfill the requirements for their initial PRO Certification. Utilizing another remodeling organization’s certification to fulfill PRO Certification requirements does not impact your certification through the other remodeling organization. PRO does not have any reciprocity of certification with, or affiliation with other remodeling organizations.
Certification Period and Fee
Your initial certification will be valid for the time that remains on the industry certification plus ONE YEAR. The FEE for initial certification is $50, payable upon application to your local PRO Affiliate.
PRO Continuing Education Requirements
PRO measures continuing education in PRO Units. One hour of approved continuing education earns one PRO Unit. Twelve (12) PRO Units are required for Certification renewal each year. PRO offers a variety of approved options to meet this requirement, including in-person affiliate-based meetings and training sessions. Seminars provided by PRO members that build industry knowledge are accepted as long as they are not product specific training.
Of the 12 required PRO Units
- Six (6) PRO Units are required that are seminar/classroom based, either in person or virtual, on topics directly related to your Certification.
- Up to Three (3) PRO Units may be provided by subscription to and reading of industry related Trade Publications.
- Up to Six (6) PRO Units for writing an article or blog post for Trade Publications or PRO Website.
- Up to Six (6) PRO Units may be provided by serving your local or National PRO organization, One (1) unit for each committee or board meeting attended.
- Up to six (6) hours of Community service directly related to the remodeling industry, such as working on a Habitat for Humanity or Rebuilding Together Project.
The requirements and conditions of certification are set by the PRO Certification Board. This board is composed of members from each PRO Affiliate to establish uniform requirements and conditions on the PRO, Inc Education Committee level. Your new certification will be issued and administered by PRO New England by the authority granted from the PRO Certification Board.
Transfer your certification
The requirements and conditions to transfer your certification are:
- PRO Certifications are limited to Owners and employees of PRO Member Companies.
- A Valid Certification issued by NAHB, or NKBA that is current or within one year of its last renewal.
- You may submit a certification issued by a remodeling organization not listed above to the PRO Certification Board for consideration to transfer the Certification. Decisions by the PRO Certification Board may be appealed to the PRO, Inc. Board of Directors. The PRO, Inc. Board of Directors’ decision is final.
- Submission of 12 PRO Units of approved continuing education. Approved continuing education programs may be remodeling business or trade-related seminars, either in person or virtual, offered by PRO or any other trade association or private business that builds industry knowledge. Specific product-based and installation training education is not an approved program. Reading Trade Publications may only account for one quarter (1/4) of the required 12 hours.
- Acceptance and Adoption of the PRO Code of Ethics as a Certified Professional.
The following Certifications are eligible for transfer:
|Certified Project Manager
|Kitchen and Bath Designer
For questions regarding your existing certifications, please contact the PRO Office.