There’s so much to know about NARI membership. For new members, the first few months are a maze of meeting new people, and learning about all the programs and benefits available through the organization. New Member Orientation is one way we can share a quick overview of many important benefits our association offers. Whether you are a new member, or have been involved in our chapter for years, you might be surprised about all that NARI offers. Here are a few highlights!
Our local Eastern Massachusetts chapter is just one of close to 50 chapters of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry around the country. No matter where you are, there are NARI members nearby. Our national organization, headquartered near Chicago, IL, is primarily responsible for creating member benefits programs – like the new Savings Center program, the Home Depot rebate program, and more.
NARI national also develops and administers the 9 certification programs. The most popular certifications are the Certified Lead Carpenter and the Certified Remodeler. These programs help business owners and their staffs improve their craft, their efficiency, and their profitability. Additionally, NARI offers certifications in kitchen and bath remodeling, universal design, and green building. There are also certifications for professionals working in the field who are not remodelers themselves. There is so much to learn – and NARI has the certifications that members need to grow their business.
Did you know, in addition to our local, chapter-based Contractor of the Year awards program, NARI national also offers a CotY program? If you have an amazing project, consider entering it in both the national CotY awards, as well as our local program!
Locally, our Eastern Massachusetts NARI chapter has been active for 30 years in the area. We have 200 companies that are members of EM NARI – making us one of the top 10 chapters in the country. Our members are made up of remodeling contractors as well as other businesses in the industry. This ranges from subs, architects and designers, to suppliers, manufacturers, and professional services. Our hope is to create value for our members and advance quality across the remodeling industry by creating meaningful connections between members and offering the programs and information they need.
Our People and Programs
The work of our chapter happens at the committee level. At EM NARI, we have nine committees that are responsible for developing and delivering our programs and services. Here is a brief overview:
- Membership Committee – Responsible for recruiting and retaining members and creating value.
- Education & Programs Committee – Responsible for planning all the educational programs and events including membership meetings, seminars, and NARI certification study groups.
- Marketing & PR Committee – Responsible for promoting the NARI brand in the region
- Government Affairs Committee – Responsible for connecting members with the information they need about legislation and regulations – and acting as a voice for our members in government.
- Workforce Development – Responsible for creating programs that encourage the development of future employees in the remodeling industry.
- And, event planning committees responsible for our annual golf tournament, CotY Evening of Excellence, and the Women in Remodeling Event.
In all the work of the committees, the overarching goal is to:
ü Develop Connections to Colleagues
ü Act as a “Finger on the Pulse” of the Industry
ü Build Professional Credibility
ü Offer Industry Recognition Awards Programs
ü Provide Access to Training and Education
Our orientation is always capped off with a review of ways that members can find success at NARI. Here is a recap of ten ways to make the most of membership that we share:
- Make sure your listing is up to date on our directory.
- Sign up for our e-blasts.
- Connect with us online.
- Take a few minutes and mark your calendar.
- Enter our awards programs.
- Show up!
- Hone your networking skills.
- Stumped about something? Reach out!
- Bring a guest to a NARI meeting.
- Spotlight your organization through sponsorships and advertising.
If you have questions about your NARI membership, please contact us. And, look for our next New Member Orientation program to learn more!